Brick NJ Root Canal Treatment
Of the various techniques used by the Brick NJ dentists, a root canal is the most common treatment given to the patients who have an infected tooth pulp, due to decaying of their tooth. In order to stop the infection from spreading to the other teeth and further, the tooth nerve and the pulp is removed from its center and the cavity caused as a result is filled with a dental filling material to seal it. This process has been known to mitigate the discomfort of the patients and promote healing against infections.
The Brick NJ root canal procedure
• The dentists ensure that the oral cavity is made numb with the help of the application of a gel like substance to the gums, teeth and the tongue. To ensure that the area to be treated is completely numb, an anesthetic injection is given afterward.
• A rubber dam is placed in the mouth to stop any liquid from trickling down the throat. It also stops the chips of the tooth/teeth from entering the throat while drilling.
• A metal and rubber frame is used by the dentists to segregate the tooth/teeth to be worked on from the rest of the teeth
• The dentist might have to drill out the broken or decayed tooth for its removal.
• For patients who might be very nervous or in pain, a dentist might use laughing gas as a tool to alleviate their discomfort.
• The cavity caused due to drilling is then filled with medicines and filling material.
• A dentist will take an impression of the tooth/teeth in case the patient needs a false crown.
• This impression is used to make the crown by the dental lab and to ensure that the crown matches the impression details.
• The dentist might fit a temporary crown inside the patient's mouth untMA the permanent crown is put into place.
The most common symptoms post root canal treatment include the feeling of heaviness around the lips and the gums. This feeling lasts for only a few hours and is completely warded off, as anesthesia levels drop. Also, throbbing accompanied with pain is another common effect of root canal treatment that can be controlled by using an over the counter pain reliever. A patient is completely relieved of pain in one or two days.
Reason for root canal
Due to mishaps like falls or accidents or due to the decaying process of the teeth, sometimes the pulp and the nerve of the teeth become exposed and infected. Since this exposure and infection can result in the transfer of the bacteria to the other teeth in the oral cavity and other parts of the body, the root canal treatment is used as a tool in curbing the risks associated with dental infections.
Effectiveness & Risks Associated
By opting for the treatment like the root canal, the chances of spreading the dental infections are curbed as the infected pulp is replaced with the dental filling and the cavity is sealed. This protects the gums and the other teeth from getting infected from the harmful bacteria.
Those patients who have weak immune systems are made to take antibiotics before and after the conclusion of the root canal treatment. Also those patients, who have heart diseases or have had artificial heart valves implanted, need to go through the same regime of antibiotic medication.
Points to ponder
Patients who are suffering from decaying teeth and infected pulp have two treatment options. If they are hesitant towards getting root canal treatment due to expense or other factors, they can opt for tooth extraction and make use of the dental bridges which are removable to fit in the spaces.
However, those who wish to go ahead with their root canal should not delay the situation or it will lead to further complications like bone loss etc.
For those who are opting for the root canal procedure, it is recommended that they make use of the artificial dental crowns or dental caps to protect their teeth against the break down process.